Why so much preference for vanilla over chocolate? (Or coffee, for that matter). From earlier discussions, it is safe to say that black men are much more attracted to white women than white men are attracted to black women. So what is the most important reason for this? The possibilities that come immediately to mind are:
1. Men in general prefer feminine women, and whites, on average, are more feminine than blacks (both in looks and behavior).
2. Black men, along with everyone else, are socialized to believe that white women are the most beautiful.
3. There is such a thing as objective beauty which all people appreciate, and white women are, on average, more beautiful.
4. Since white women have historically been a taboo to black men, this makes them more appealing.
5. Black men don't find them to be more beautiful, but to have other more appealing traits like cooperativeness.
6. Black men want to be with white women as a form of racial revenge.
What evidence do we have to support or contradict these ideas? Do people have other explanations in mind?
The General Social Survey rated the skin darkness of a sample of black Americans, ranging from "very dark brown" to "very lig...
In the comments in the last post , some readers contended that Jews are not ethnocentric. Using the same question I used in the comments se...
More on trust: As a follow-up to the last post, I wondered about the level of trust in Asian and Muslim countries. Based on World Values Sur...
The plot thickens: As a follow-up to the last post, I wanted to see if the risk of arrest varies by hair color. I found that people with red...