Friday, May 05, 2006

Older minority men still playuhs: I looked at the the number of sexual partners men between the ages of 30 and 60 have had in the last five years. I chose this age range because presumably guys have gotten past their wild 20s and are settling down into the kinds of long-term relationships that mature men and their children need. The percent of males having 11 or more sexual partners in the last 5 years is listed below:

Men
1. Blacks 10.9%
2. Mexicans 6.3
3. Italians 6.0
4. American Indians 4.6
5. English/Welsh 3.8
6. Germans 3.7
7. Irish 3.5
8. Scots 2.8
9. Poles 1.0

These results match the stereotypes: promiscuous minorities, reserved northern Europeans, and womanizing Latins.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know--I'll look into it. There seems to be a lot of interest in this topic, so I'll see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "promiscuous minorities... and womanizing Latins"

    Hm, interesting disparity of language - if I were a member of the Thought Police I'd be crying 'racist' here. >:) Probably best to call a spade a spade and say they're both promiscuous, or both 'womanising' if you prefer.

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...