Friday, February 05, 2016

Bernie is gaining with non-whites, too

I wondered if nation-wide support for Sanders is growing among non-whites as it has been among whites. Reuter's tells me there are not enough non-whites to calculate estimates, but I was able to figure it out with the white sample and the total sample.

Since January 5th, support among whites has risen from 31 to 44%.  For non-whites, it has moved from 18.5% to 34%. So non-whites are moving, too, just from a lower initial level.

Watching the debates, I find Bernie more convincing and likeable. But that's not saying much because the more I see Hillary, the less I like her. Decades of learning at the feet of Bill Clinton doesn't change a genetically influenced personality. I wouldn't be shocked if Bernie won the nomination. Sounds crazy, but Hillary is that bad, and Democrats like Bernie. They are eating up promises of free stuff and the chance to stick a big banker with a pitchfork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...