As I sit in this McDonald's being served coffee by a middle-aged Filipino man, I'm wondering how East Asian IQ is doing in the US. Here is a graph showing trends since the 1970s (GSS data, US born, N = 107):
Wow, that's a significant drop. In the 1970s, the mean was 108.6. By the 1990s, it fell to 99.3. After an increase to 101.7 in the 2000s, it fell again to a low of 99.0 in this decade.
I assume this drop is due to the increase of southeast Asians (e.g., Filipinos, Vietnamese) -- groups that have lower average IQs than NE Asians (i.e., Japanese, Chinese, Koreans).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are gun owners mentally ill?
Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...
-
Via a reader at iSteve, it looks like this might be the vocabulary test used by the General Social Survey. (Someone please tell me if I'...
-
In the comments in the last post , some readers contended that Jews are not ethnocentric. Using the same question I used in the comments se...
-
Here's the second set I promised. A reader suggested that the first set tends to be older, and it is among younger blacks where you see ...

There's no narrowing. It's an artifact of confusing age effects with cohort effects: https://www.dropbox.com/s/thjfqpm2x2nfj3o/wordsum%20b-w%20gap.pdf?dl=0
ReplyDeleteAbove was meant as a comment to the black-white gap post
ReplyDelete