Thursday, September 18, 2008

Palin power: I'm probably wrong, but it's fun anyway to throw out wacky ideas. I cannot figure out why, according to realclearpolitics.com's poll of polls, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are toss up states! These non-Republican states are split, even though the economy is in the crapper? If I recall correctly, they were clearly leaning for Obama before the conventions, so what has happened? Call me crazy, but I wonder if folks up there are responding to two things: 1) Palin is a gun nut, and 2) she has a Fargo accent.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty shocked my home state of Minnesota is being considered a swing state. I guess it's because I've always lived in the Twin Cities metro area, and now, downtown. You read the two major newspapers here, the Pioneer Press (St. Paul) and the Star Tribune (Minneapolis) and they both lean to the left.

    This is the land of Wellstone and Mondale. I'd be absolutely stunned if the McCain won Minnesota. I still can't believe Coleman is ahead of Franken in the polls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. The balance between red and blue is a lot more delicate than most oblivious urban dwellers comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Very interesting. The balance between red and blue is a lot more delicate than most oblivious urban dwellers comprehend.

    Except for those of us who read websites like this ;)

    If you've seen the county-level red-versus-blue map, most of the acreage of the country is red. Cities go blue, suburbs and rural areas go red.

    Offtopic, does anyone think the colors should be switched? Red is the color of the left everywhere but here...

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...