Saturday, October 07, 2006

They call them dreams because they never really happen: Let me share with you a dream that I had last night. It started with me at a party. I struck up a conversation with a woman who turned out to be a feminist. The discussion turned into a debate as I argued that men and women are fundamentally different. A crowd gathered, and she grew angry as the people responded to my common sense points and witty ripostes (this was my dream, remember). We were all laughing while she was scolding, and to mock her we began dancing the conga to the rhythm of her lecture: "Women-are-all-oppressed-see, duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-DUH." Then I said, "Darlin', I'll help you understand the concept of the ratio of the crackers to the liver pate-tio," and the crowd burst into laughter. Her face turned red, and I said, "See Honey, men are funnier too." The group's laughter woke me up, and I was so elated I couldn't go back to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Just pray that Hegel was right.

    The next batch of Young Turks will need a set of ideas that they can use to upset the current status hierarchy. And remember, we now live in The Age of the Gene. At this point, it looks like the days of "social constructionism" are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Your dream is hilarious. It reminds of the joke about how many feminists it takes to change a light bulb (answer: One, damn it!). It is certainly true that feminists have no sense of homor. They take themselves way too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:20 PM

    how many feminists it takes to change a light bulb?

    Five. One to change it and the rest to talk about how the light socket was violated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Answer: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...