Why so much preference for vanilla over chocolate? (Or coffee, for that matter). From earlier discussions, it is safe to say that black men are much more attracted to white women than white men are attracted to black women. So what is the most important reason for this? The possibilities that come immediately to mind are:
1. Men in general prefer feminine women, and whites, on average, are more feminine than blacks (both in looks and behavior).
2. Black men, along with everyone else, are socialized to believe that white women are the most beautiful.
3. There is such a thing as objective beauty which all people appreciate, and white women are, on average, more beautiful.
4. Since white women have historically been a taboo to black men, this makes them more appealing.
5. Black men don't find them to be more beautiful, but to have other more appealing traits like cooperativeness.
6. Black men want to be with white women as a form of racial revenge.
What evidence do we have to support or contradict these ideas? Do people have other explanations in mind?
From Amazon's description of a new book on consciousness: How can the seemingly immaterial experience of consciousness be explained b...
In the comments in the last post , some readers contended that Jews are not ethnocentric. Using the same question I used in the comments se...
Via a reader at iSteve, it looks like this might be the vocabulary test used by the General Social Survey. (Someone please tell me if I'...
The National Couples Survey asked married people if they've had anal intercourse in the past four weeks. Here are their responses by ra...