Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do religious teens who have sex fail to use a condom?

Let's assess that argument that religious teens who have sex will be less likely to use a condom because they have not been taught to act rationally with respect to sex.

The Add Health Study asked teens: 1) if they have ever had sex; and 2) if so, did they ever use a condom? A sample of 516 youths admitted to sexual intercourse.  Here are the percentages who have used a condom by importance of religion to self:

Percent of those who've had sex who have used a condom

Very important 58.1
Fairly important 62.8
Fairly unimportant 64.6
Unimportant 64.7

The probability of condom use falls a little with greater religiosity, but none of the differences is statistically significant.    

1 comment:

Brad Pághanni said...

My name is Brad. I'm from Brazil. I am twenty years old. I have a very interesting blog. I love to write about society. I found your blog very nice. Although not speak your language, I struggle. Forgive me for grammatical errors. I would like you to visit my blog. My last post is talking about forms of expression - within the art world. It's really an interesting posting.
There are other posts that talk about various topics: politics, sex, music (samba, rock and funk), society, rights and duties, interesting videos, global warming, among other issues.
All texts are in Portuguese. But do not worry! My blog has a translation system, from any and all languages. Just find the flag for your language and click.
Well, speaking a little about your post ... I found your writing is very well written. Although I understand little, I could understand something.
I hope your visit there. You can be sure that your comment on my blog leave me very happy.
The address is www.indoverso.blogspot.com
If you want to communicate with me via an email ... bradpaghanni@hotmail.com

Any questions, please enter my name in google or youtube.
Thanks, friend.