Thursday, September 09, 2010

Taking the Alternative Right's ideas seriously--or just taking them

It might be plagiarism, but I'm glad someone is taking ideas from the Alternative Right seriously.  

I read Dinesh D'Souza's The End of Racism back in the mid-90s. I liked it but remember reading Jared Taylor's claim that D'Souza drew on his ideas while condemning him as a racist at the same time.

Now I see that D'Souza is arguing that at Obama's core he is trying to fulfill the pro-black, anticolonialist dreams of the African father who abandoned him. Where have I read that before?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Dinesh D'Souza's "Illiberal Education" was one of the books I read in the 1990's that really opened my eyes about the end-game of political correctness.

    Its one of those books probably designed to engender "positive outrage". It listed numerous examples of unfair treatment of conservative students and professors in detail. That might have been one of the poignant milemarkers on my own recognition that the left was not after the same goals (a better, happier country) than conservatives were, merely disagreeing on how to get there, but that the left was wanting to "transform" what I thought was America into something else entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:52 PM

    Perhaps Steve Sailer said it. Plenty of people steal Steve's ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...