Saturday, November 21, 2009

Coulter sounding like Jared Taylor--gotta love it

Coulter is always fun:

It cannot be said often enough that the chief of staff of the United States Army, Gen. George Casey, responded to a massacre of 13 Americans in which the suspect is a Muslim by saying: "Our diversity ... is a strength."

As long as the general has brought it up: Never in recorded history has diversity been anything but a problem. Look at Ireland with its Protestant and Catholic populations, Canada with its French and English populations, Israel with its Jewish and Palestinian populations.

Or consider the warring factions in India, Sri Lanka, China, Iraq, Czechoslovakia (until it happily split up), the Balkans and Chechnya. Also look at the festering hotbeds of tribal warfare -- I mean the beautiful mosaics -- in Third World hellholes like Afghanistan, Rwanda and South Central, L.A.

"Diversity" is a difficulty to be overcome, not an advantage to be sought. True, America does a better job than most at accommodating a diverse population. We also do a better job at curing cancer and containing pollution. But no one goes around mindlessly exclaiming: "Cancer is a strength!" "Pollution is our greatest asset!"

13 comments:

  1. Since you feel protective of Sarah Palin, I won't make any comparisions, but let's just say that Coulter's possession of both a a sharp mind and a sharp tongue is not in doubt. She may be despised by the left, but not so easily dismissed. Now, if only she'd get married and have a few kids (if there's still time . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Ron,

    I seen that Coulter column and really loved it. Its as forthright a condemnation of our newfangled diversity as one will ever read from a mainstream columnist.


    Coulter's website has over 400K hits a day also, so that was read by quite a few people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:30 AM

    Doesn't change the fact that Coulter is a mudshark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a mudshark? I get that it's perjorative, but more specifically?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:21 PM

    "Doesn't change the fact that Coulter is a mudshark."

    I call BS. Post your source.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:37 PM

    "I call BS. Post your source."

    http://www.observer.com/node/37827

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:42 PM

    "http://www.observer.com/node/37827"

    I just skimmed it. Please post your quote to support your claim. Where are the references to her dating black guys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:24 PM

    "In the cab, I told Ms. Coulter that although back in college I’d been comforted by writers like Tom Wolfe, Camille Paglia and Dinesh D’Souza (“I’ve dated him, I’ve dated every right-winger,” Ms. Coulter said), I remembered feeling that that nauseating political correctness was the way the world was going to be and I had to accept it."

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at Coulter comparing diversity to cancer and pollution. But how DARE anybody call her a racist?! And then your comment section is even better.

    I just can't imagine why people might thing much of the impassioned opposition to Obama is generated in part by racism. I mean we liberals must be CRAZY to think that.

    LOL. You guys are too much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:34 PM

    "In the cab, I told Ms. Coulter that although back in college I’d been comforted by writers like Tom Wolfe, Camille Paglia and Dinesh D’Souza (“I’ve dated him, I’ve dated every right-winger,” Ms. Coulter said), I remembered feeling that that nauseating political correctness was the way the world was going to be and I had to accept it."


    Well you proved it. You really are that dumb, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Jewish Atheist, only one person on the comments appears to be a racist good ball. So really, what are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was talking about Coulter. And Inductivist who linked to this specific column approvingly. And to at least one of the anonymouses (and probably the other who felt he had to defend her honor from the terrible accusation that she dated black guys.)

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...