Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The answer to the male shortage on campus: I seem to be the only person here (at the university) who is concerned about the shortage of male students. Two-thirds of our criminal justice majors are women? Huh? But then it dawned on me how to get more guys in the seats. We need to hire smokin' hot women professors. It's guaranteed to work. No one has ever asked "Where are the male customers?" at Hooters. And if the instructors dress fashionably, it will keep the female students interested too. Genius, but why does nobody ever listen to me?!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 AM

    I had an extremely attractive italian teacher in college. Class was at 8am every morning. I never missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too -- and she was easily in her 50s, perhaps 60 (I was 22 at the time). I wrote a poem in Italian that she said reminded her of John Donne -- eeeee!!!!

    The same is true of many Spanish teachers, since most come from Spain (at least at my college). I think that's the way to get guys interested in girly stuff: hint that there will be hot girls in the girly classes.

    Art history, foreign languages that a girl would take to give the impression that she's cultured (like French or Italian -- pretentious hot girls aren't going to sign up for Chinese or German). Hot girls teaching criminal justice -- sounds unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I am willing to bet that there is probably a website devoted to this kind of thing somewhere and if not, there should be. Problem is I can't look for it, I'm at work. I can only imagine what other websites I would pull up if I typed in stuff like "hot college professors" or something like that. I think NSFW is the term. Guess I'll check when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just import more male students from India's lower castes. That way they can complain a real whole lot about discrimination to the wannabe enlightened teenage girls.

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...