Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Study: Prostate cancer associated with more African ancestry among Brazilians

From Genetics and Molecular Research:

"We genotyped 11 ancestry informative markers to estimate the contributions of African, European, and Amerindian ancestries in a case-control sample of 213 individuals from Bahia State, Northeast Brazil, including 104 prostate cancer patients. We compared this data with self-reported ancestry and the stratification of cases by prostate cancer aggressiveness according to Gleason score. A larger African genetic contribution (44%) was detected among cases, and a greater European
contribution (61%) among controls."

But don't forget: Race has nothing to do with genes.


2 comments:

  1. My Name is Faith, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr voodoo
    has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years
    with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable
    to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one
    faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great
    man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he
    cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him
    today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I
    got mine, add Dr voodoo on whatsApp: +2348140120719 or just contact Dr
    voodoo via email, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

Are gun owners mentally ill?

  Some anti-gun people think owning a gun is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality. According to General Social Survey data, gun owners ...